Clean Mobility and Intelligent Transport Systems
IET Digital Library
This title is available electronically through the IET Digital Library
Book title: Clean Mobility and Intelligent Transport Systems
Author: Michele Fiorini & Jia-Chin Lin (eds)
Product Code: PBTR0010
Stock Status: In stock
£61.75 Member price
£95.00 Full price
With contributions from an international team of experts, this book offers an overview of current topics in intelligent transport systems and clean mobility by covering the full spectrum on land, sea and aircraft transport.
Drawing on keynote sessions given at the 2013 Euro-Asia Economic Forum, and at the Intelligent Transport Systems and Telecommunications (ITST) 2012 conference, this book also combines research from the economic and human sciences.
Clean Mobility and Intelligent Transport Systems includes chapters from a wide range of academic and industrial authors.
Topics covered include;
- the importance of ITS for urban movement
- ICT for intelligent public transport systems
- ITS and freight transport
- energy-efficient and real-time database management techniques for wireless sensor networks
- proactive safety – cooperative collision warning for vehicles
- electronic toll collection systems
- business models and solutions for user-centered intelligent transport systems
- digital infrastructures for increased safety, efficiency and environmental sustainability in shipping logistics
- integrated visual information for maritime surveillance
- AIS signal radiolocation, tracking and verification
- the impact of satellite AIS to the environmental challenges of modern shipping
- how green is e-navigation?
- optimal ship operation: monitoring technology of ship overall heat balance
- regulation of ship-source pollution through international convention regimes
- foresight application for the transport sector
- trends in aeronautical air ground communications
About the Editors
Dr Michele Fiorini is Chairman of the IET Italy Network, member of the e-navigation technical working group of the International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities, and a Project Engineering Manager for the “Automatic National System of Radar Control for Maritime Areas of Poland” Dr Michele Fiorini was also the Session Chairman for Clean Mobility and Intelligent Transport Systems at the 2013 Euro-Asia Economic Forum (EAEF-2013), Xi’an, China.
Jia-Chin Lin is Chairperson at the Department of Communication Engineering at National Central University, Taiwan, where his research interests include wireless transmission technologies, signal processing for communications and signal synchronization techniques.
Clean Mobility and Intelligent Transport Systems is essential reading for researchers, developers and students of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and clean and smart mobility.