Radar Techniques Using Array Antennas, 2nd Edition
IET Digital Library
This title is available electronically through the IET Digital Library
Author: Wulf-Dieter Wirth
Product Code: PBRA0260
Pagination: 560 pp.
Stock Status: In stock
£73.45 Member price
£113.00 Full price
An updated version of the book published in 2001, this second edition includes new material on compressed sensing and its possible application to beam forming, results for phase-only-nulling against jammers, descriptions of further algorithms for superresolution and the reconnaissance of other radiating sources. This book also features a new chapter on radar operation by passive coherent location and the extension and explanation of the basic ideas for MIMO-radar.
In addition to the coverage of antennas, array signal processing, adaptive digital beamforming and adaptive monopulse, several modern systems are described including space-time adaptive processing (STAP), moving target detection using synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and several other experimental phased array radar systems.
• array signal processing
• array calibration
• adaptive digital beamforming
• adaptive monopulse
• pulse compression
• sequential detection,
• target detection with long pulse series
• space-time adaptive processing (STAP)
• synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
• target imaging
• energy management
• system parameter relations.
The discussed methods are confirmed by simulation studies and experimental array systems developed by the authors team at FGAN, now Fraunhofer.
About the Author
Wulf-Dieter Wirth has published more than 50 papers with an emphasis on phased array radar and signal processing and has presented regularly at radar conferences. Since his retirement, he has been working on array signal processing for reconnaissance and passive coherent location radar at Fraunhofer FKIE.
This book will appeal to graduate level engineers, researchers and managers in the field of radar, aviation and space technology.
• Signal representation and mathematical tools
• Statistical signal theory
• Array antennas
• Sampling and digitisation of signals
• Pulse compression with polyphase codes
• Detection of targets by a pulse series
• Sequential detection
• Adaptive beamforming for jammer suppression
• Monopulse direction estimation
• Array processing for super-resolution in angle
• Space–time adaptive processing
• Synthetic aperture radar with active phased arrays
• Inverse synthetic aperture radar (ISAR)
• Target classification
• Experimental phased-array system ELRA
• Floodlight and MIMO radar concepts
• System and parameter considerations
• Passive radar