Control Circuits in Power Electronics: Practical Issues in Design and Implementation
IET Digital Library
This title is available electronically through the IET Digital Library
Book title: Control Circuits in Power Electronics: Practical issues in design and implementation
Author: Prof Miguel Castilla (ed.)
Product Code: PBPO0720
Stock Status: In stock
£65.00 Member price
£100.00 Full price
Control Circuits in Power Electronics: Practical Issues in Design and Implementation describes practical issues related to the design and implementation of control circuits in the operation and performance of power electronics converters. The book focuses on a range state-of-the-art control solutions, including circuit technology, design techniques, and implementation issues.
Topics covered include;
- PWM-based sliding mode control schemes for DC-DC power converters
- Synthetic-ripple hysteretic controllers for DC/DC converters
- One-cycle controlled single phase power inverters
- Digital PWM control of high-frequency DC-DC switched-mode power converters
- Microcontroller-based electronic ballasts for high-intensity-discharge lamps
- FPGA-based controllers for direct sliding mode control of PWM boost rectifiers
- DSP controllers for three-phase unity-power-factor rectifiers and voltage-sourced inverters
- FPGA-DSP controllers for DC-DC converters in renewable energy applications, topologies, modulation and control of multilevel converters
- State-of-the-art intelligent gate drivers for IGBT power modules
- Control of integrated switched capacitor power converters
- DSP-based natural frame control schemes for three-phase unity-power-factor rectifiers
- Dual-core DSP for control and communication in AC microgrids
- The use of computational intelligence for designing power electronics converters
About the Editor
Miguel Castilla is an Associate Professor at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain. His research focuses on the design, implementation and evaluation of control technologies for power electronics systems. Professor Castilla has published more than 100 journal and conference papers in this area. He is on the editorial board of IET Power Electronics.
"This book presents state-of-the-art techniques to implement modulation schemes, control algorithms, and gate drivers using analog circuits, digital microprocessors, or field-programmable gate arrays (FPGA)."
IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, Issue of March 2017
Control Circuits in Power Electronics: Practical Issues in Design and Implementation is an essential text for researchers, advanced students and practicing design engineers working in power electronics.