Theory of Edge Diffraction in Electromagnetics
Book title: origination and validation of the physical theory of diffraction, Revised
Author: Pyotr Ufimtsev
Product Code: SBEW0540
Stock Status: Out of stock
The estimated arrival date is June 2012
Your account will only be charged when we ship your item.
£54.60 Member price
£84.00 Full price
This book is an essential resource for researchers involved in designing antennas and RCS calculations. It is also useful for students studying high frequency diffraction techniques. It contains basic original ideas of the Physical Theory of Diffraction (PTD), examples of its practical application, and its validation by the mathematical theory of diffraction. The derived analytic expressions are convenient for numerical calculations and clearly illustrate the physical structure of the scattered field.
Theory of diffraction at black bodies introduces the Shadow Radiation, a fundamental component of the scattered field.
RCS of finite bodies of revolution-cones, paraboloids, etc. -models of construction elements for aircraft and missiles.
Scheme for measurement of that part of a scattered field which is radiated by the diffraction (so-called nonuniform) currents induced on scattering objects.
Development of the parabolic equation method for investigation of edge-diffraction.
New exact and asymptotic solutions in the strip diffraction problems, including scattering at an open resonator.
1. Diffraction of Electromagnetic Waves at Black Bodies: Generalization of Kirchhoff-Kottler Theory
2. Edge Diffraction at Convex Perfectly Conducting Bodies: Elements of the Physical Theory of Diffraction
3. Edge Diffraction at Concave Surfaces: Extension of the Physical Theory of Diffraction
4. Measurement of Radiation from Diffraction / Nonuniform Currents
5. Analysis of Wedge Diffraction Using the Parabolic Equation Method
6. Current Waves on Thin Conductors and Strips
7. Radiation of Edge Waves: Theory Based on the Reciprocity Theorem
8. Functional and Integral Equations for Strip Diffraction (Neumann Boundary Problem)
9. Asymptotic Representation for the Current Density on a Strip
10. Asymptotic Representation for the Scattering Pattern
11. Plane Wave Diffraction at a Strip Oriented in the Direction of Polarization (Dirichlet Boundary Problem)
12. Edge Diffraction at Open-Ended Parallel Plate Resonator
Appendix: Relationships Between the Gaussian System (GS) and the System International (SI) for Electromagnetic Units
About the author
Pyotr Ya. Ufimtsev, Ph.D. D.Sc. has been recognized for his outstanding work in the theory of diffraction and propagation of electromagnetic and acoustic waves. Among his groundbreaking results are the theory of diffraction at black bodies, the physical theory of diffraction, and the discovery of new phenomena related to surface waves in absorbing layers.
Dr. Ufimtsev was affiliated with a number of research and academic institutions, including the Institute of Radio Engineering and Electronics of the USSR Academy of Sciences (Moscow), the Moscow Aviation Institute, the University of California at Los Angeles and Irvine. Among Dr. Ufimtsev's many honors and awards are the USSR State Prize and the Leroy Randle Grumman Medal.