Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: EC(uk) (Statutory or Regulatory)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11 March 2019 09:18 pm
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 March 2019 09:18 pm
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 2327
Joined: 01 April 2006
This is an extract
Engineers Ireland agreed the Access Pathways Agreement (APA) this week with the Engineering Council, the registration body for engineers in the UK, to ensure the continued recognition of Professional Titles held by registered engineers post-Brexit. The two statutory bodies for engineers have agreed to recognize one another's professional engineering titles awarded by professional engineering organizations both in Ireland and in the UK.
The Engineering Council is the UK regulatory body. The DTI chose not to have a statutory body, but have a royal charter.
A bit far fetched and sure no one will be interested. Was going to say if you wanted to stay EU engineer after this month you would be better to transfer/register to a statutory body engineers Ireland. Something like the millions who are ( if applicable} applying for an Irish passport).
What about Electricians don't know about other EU countries but if you carry out work in Ireland at the moment without being registered with one of their bodies you could face Jail.


New here?

  • To participate in discussions, please log in and introduce yourself.

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.