IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I thought this forum was closed, but........
Topic Summary: A shameless plug
Created On: 25 February 2019 10:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 25 February 2019 10:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

whjohnson

Folks,
I have posted a query about RCDs & ground source heat pump drives on the 'new forum' and have a had a number of useful responses.

I would have posted here if I'd have known that this forum was still operational!
Anyhow, if anyone has any experience with heat pump stuff, please pop over and add your comments.

Thanks in anticipation.

-------------------------
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
 25 February 2019 10:30 AM

tomgunn

If you read the 'heading' of the forum... it states that this forum will be 'locked' soon.

Regards...

Tom.... (The TERMINATOR).

handyTRADESMAN

Castle Builders
 26 February 2019 12:04 PM

Legh

I have been following both wiring forums and posting still in both. I think all who are regulars here are keeping up with the other one as well.

Also, don't be suprised if you don't get an immediate answer as not all the regulars are that regular.....

Legh

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

de-avatared
 26 February 2019 05:51 PM

Zoomup

Where exactly is the new forum? When is official changeover?

Z.
 26 February 2019 06:18 PM

AncientMariner

As to where is it, it is here:- https://communities.theiet.org/discussions/

As to when the changeover is, currently both are active, I'm guessing that this one will close for new postings at the end of February, but that's just my guess.
Clive

Clive S Carver GCGI IEng MIET MITP
 26 February 2019 08:47 PM

whjohnson

No exact date has yet. been given for closure.

Folks,
Many thanks for your input thus far - I had a fruitful discussion on site today but still feel the onset of paralysis by analysis over this RCD business! I need to get the box on the wall instead of just pondering all the time!
Just one of those days!

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
 26 February 2019 08:52 PM

Zoomup

Just like mushrooms, kept in the dark and ........ wondering.

Z.
 26 February 2019 11:35 PM

chrispearson

Originally posted by: Zoomup

Just like mushrooms, kept in the dark and ........ wondering.

Zoom, since when did mushrooms wonder, or even wander. Perhaps you were thinking about what they are fed on?
 27 February 2019 01:46 AM

Legh

Perhaps he's wondering who'll be the last to post before the chop?

Legh

de-avatared
 27 February 2019 12:20 PM

Zoomup

Originally posted by: Legh

Perhaps he's wondering who'll be the last to post before the chop?

Legh

Too kind Sir, just too kind.

Z.
 28 February 2019 12:58 PM

Alcomax

"Where exactly is the new forum? When is official changeover?"

Have you at least two distinct and relatively enduring personality states and have trouble remembering certain events?
 28 February 2019 02:03 PM

mapj1

Note that Lisa has added a post to the sticky topic at the top of this forum - sounds like it should be change over after the weekend.

regards Mike
 28 February 2019 03:30 PM

Legh

Yes importing pseudonyms this week
Short weekend away
checking and testing Monday
evening drinks party
final run through Tues day
Switch off Wednesday
celebratory drinks......

Legh

de-avatared
 28 February 2019 04:24 PM

Lisamiles

Originally posted by: Legh

Yes importing pseudonyms this week

Short weekend away

checking and testing Monday

evening drinks party

final run through Tues day

Switch off Wednesday

celebratory drinks......

Legh

Lol! Oh I wish Legh!!!

We're hoping to switch over to screen names early next week but, there may be a slight delay due to Jury Service obligations of a crucial player in the team.

I'll update everyone once we know more.

Lisa

Online Community Manager - Engineering Communities
 01 March 2019 08:42 AM

KFH

Originally posted by: Lisamiles

Lol! Oh I wish Legh!!!

We're hoping to switch over to screen names early next week but, there may be a slight delay due to Jury Service obligations of a crucial player in the team.

In all the project risk analysis I have done over the years I must admit I, and others doing the risk workshops, had never considered or included Jury Service as a risk. And of all the likely and unlikely external risks that have occurred on projects I have been involved with it has never happened. I have even had to include the likelihood of tube strikes in London for a project in Manchester!

You live and learn!

There again I have never had to do jury service having been eligible for around 50 years. Probably just as well I would probably find them all guilty
 01 March 2019 10:01 AM

Legh

Lol ...... "There again I have never had to do jury service having been eligible for around 50 years. Probably just as well I would probably find them all guilty"

I'd bang up the judge as well.... and call it work experience!

Legh

de-avatared
 01 March 2019 12:57 PM

AJJewsbury

In all the project risk analysis I have done over the years I must admit I, and others doing the risk workshops, had never considered or included Jury Service as a risk. And of all the likely and unlikely external risks that have occurred on projects I have been involved with it has never happened. I have even had to include the likelihood of tube strikes in London for a project in Manchester!

You live and learn!

It must happen from time to time. The last company I worked for had a section in the employee handbook about jury service - some words to the effect of while the company of course recognised employees civic duties etc. etc., it strongly urged employees "not to volunteer for anything" when it came to jury service and used every legitimate opportunity in the system to explain the disruption that extended absence from work would cause for the company and request where possible to be allocated to short simple trials rather than long complex ones. I guess they too had been sting at some point in the past.

- Andy.
 01 March 2019 02:15 PM

mapj1

In my experience when you write your excuse and pass it to the court usher to give to the judge he or she is not likely to take a simple 'work will miss me' as an excuse, unless perhaps you have a job like heart surgeon or sole carer for an elderly relative.
They may be more likely actually to take into consideration 'I am colour blind' or "I have poor eyesight" if the trial is one that needs poring over lots of coloured coded tables of things like 'phone transcripts or traffic movements.

As it was described to me, if you were to allow everyone who wished to wiggle out of it, you would end up with a jury that is not balanced, and is comprised of only the folk who don't have a job to do or don't feel motivated. That woud over represent the unemployed, retired or the 'am I bovvered' types - Who may not be an ideal choice of jurors for handling a complex case. A key part of the way the jury system works is it needs some folk who have been out and seen real folk being both honest and dishonest, as they can look at a witness and go 'hmm - do I trust this story ?' based on real life experience, rather than just watching daytime TV or youtube.

Luckily for me the case I was on was only expected to be 2 weeks long and actually finished a few days early, unlike the one in the adjacent court, that suddenly got far more complex than expected and eventually ran for the best part of 8 weeks...

regards Mike

Edited: 01 March 2019 at 02:21 PM by mapj1
 01 March 2019 04:05 PM

Legh

I think if you tell the Judge that you have been involved in a fundamental religious sect. That should be sufficient to get off. Do make sure though you can back it up with an alibi. as it will be regarded as perjury and then you'll spend time locked away for longer than the jury service...

Legh

de-avatared
 01 March 2019 06:39 PM

OMS

Just keep repeating the phrase, "right, lets crack on, march the guilty barsteward in at the double so we can all get home for our tea"

OMS

Let the wind blow you, across a big floor.
Statistics

New here?

• To participate in discussions, please log in and introduce yourself.

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.