IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to find out in what load group customer is.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 23 May 2017 08:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 23 May 2017 08:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

broadgage

In the event of any significant shortage of electricity, plans exist to cut off consumers on a rota according to the "load group" into which that consumer falls.

Finding out ones own load group should be easy, it is printed on the electricity bill.
There are 18 load groups denoted by letters of the alphabet, excluding F, V, O, and I.

Is there any way to find out in what load group someone else is ? I am certain that some official publication stated that the load group could be determined on line given the full address including post code. Cant find it though.
Other reports suggested that maps of load group areas could be found on line, but I can not locate any such.

Any ideas ?
 24 May 2017 05:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

statter

Hello, The load groups are determined by the DNO on a postcode basis and notified to Suppliers annually so they can put the relevant group letter on bills. I don't think there is anywhere central you can go for this information unless there is an emergency situation in prospect in which case they should be on www.energyemergencies.gov.uk and I dare say DNOs and suppliers would also provide a look up facility if we ever got to that point.
At present you best bet is the customer (from their bill or with their consent from their supplier), alternatively you could ask the relevant DNO MPAS service but I would be surprised if they were able to help. You might also infer the letter from those of other nearby customers unless the premises concerned is EHV connected when this might be less reliable.
Some local authorities have disaster planning teams and its possible they may also have copies of the relevant registers. Good luck.
Statistics

New here?

• To participate in discussions, please log in and introduce yourself.

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.